Friday, August 19, 2016

So you're saying it's almost over...?



Hi there.

If you're wondering why it's been so quiet on the 7ish blog it's because we don't have a whole lot to say.

Month Six is about spending money in only 7 places.

We didn't even blink.

It was a challenge to come up with 7 places I actually needed to spend my money.

We didn't even question why until we were eating dinner together earlier this week (chicken and sweet potatoes, wouldn't you know). This wasn't such a challenge because - it's month SIX people. We've been saying 'NO' for siiiiiix months, and apparently it's rubbed off on us. I confessed to Morgan that even though it was my turn to post an update, I had nothing to say. So she suggested I tell you all why that is, and the changes we've seen because of these last six months.

1. We haven't touched eggs since March. We can't stand the smell of them. Luckily, you can't smell eggs in cake.

2. I find myself wearing the same dress 2-3 times a week. I find that I don't care if you care.

3. Considering the above, every time I look at my closet I think it could be cut in half and I'd still have too many cardigans

4. Some of you have asked if I saw that thing on Facebook - I haven't. I haven't talked myself into re-installing the app on my phone. Turns out I like all of you a lot more when I don't have to read your opinion on the Presidential Candidates. I might stay off Facebook until well after the election. Maybe forever.

5. Even though I thought the month of Waste would be wasted on me, I found myself arguing with the girl at the drive thru window about upgrading my meal. I calmly explained to her that I did not need two sides and a bigger drink. She gave me a funny look.

Which brings us to 6: I've stopped buying clothes, I've stopped wasting fresh food, I've stopped checking Facebook, and if you ask me for anything in my house you can have it... except for the dog. My point being: this is working, I'm not going back and I have nothing else to report.

- Emily 

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing you mentioned Luke. I probably would have came and taken him. He's just so darn cute, and I love when he sits like that ��.

    ReplyDelete