Wednesday, March 2, 2016

AKA: the 7 things I will never want to eat again

Hey there. How are you? It's Day 2 in our world and honestly, I thought it would be at least Day 12 before I wrote this post of pure sadness. Instead, it's Day 2 and I want to tap out.

I thought that this month would be an easy one for me. I didn't think I was that attached to my food, I like eating healthy sometimes and for goodness' sake, who can't go four weeks without a strawberry milkshake???

Me. That would be me. I am currently raising my hand.

Here's the deal: I'm a stress eater.  I know, I know  you're shocked. Emily? The one who drags her friends to Mazatlan after a bad day? The one who has cravings that could rival a pregnant woman? The one who wakes up early to stop for donuts instead of doing her hair? Surely not.

Yes. That Emily.

Work has been stressful this week, applying for grad school has been stressful this week, starting this 7 month project has been stressful this week. I am stressed.

And the first thing that pops into my mind...Dunkin. How quickly can I get to Dunkin Donuts? Or McAllister's? Or Chipotle? Or Chi? 

At the very least, I want a hot cup of tea. With cream. And honey.

I would like to take this opportunity to blame my mother. My entire life, after any encounter with a doctor I have been rewarded with food. Unfortunately, I now work with doctors everyday. Imagine that. Also, she makes great cinnamon tea, and she smells like cinnamon tea and she makes cinnamon toast for you if you're sad. So, really, this isn't my fault at all.

All of this to say, today I dropped my lunch on the floor of my car. And as I was dusting Luke hair and random filth off of my apple slices, I was torn between crying, driving to McDonald's, or doing both. Instead I prayed, and I laughed, and I told the Almighty how much I appreciate him creating cows and convinced myself that eating my own car floor dirt wasn't that bad.

So here's my encouragement to you: when you think you're going to give up, just push through, phone a friend, and tell Jesus how thankful you are for vanilla soy lattes, strawberry milkshakes, and moments that give us laughter on hard days. He is our comfort, and He gives us what we need.

Feel free to update us on your 7 experience, and don't feel bad if you're already sick of sweet potatoes.

-Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment