Friday, April 1, 2016

This is not a joke

I'll be brief, because I don't know what to say. I was switching out pieces of clothing until 11:30 last night, and staring into my closet like a lost soul.

I love my clothes, and I'm not even sorry about it. I have a separate Instagram account for my closet.

So here's to Month 2 of our lifestyle experiment...

This month is about excess clothing. Essentially, I feel like someone found a bruised rib and put their elbow in it. Over and over and over again.

I've been in denial, if we're being honest - yesterday I made an order on Zulily. Why? Because I was ignoring the fact that I won't be wearing those clothes when they arrive. I'm in denial.

Jen Hatmaker's challenge of choice for her second month was 7 items of clothing. God bless her, but she writes from home. I wish I could write from home, but I answer phones in a professional setting. So instead Morgan and I have chosen 7 outfits each and we'll be wearing them all through April.

We had an awesome response to our blog last month that encouraged us to take this experiment at our own pace, while still capturing the heart of the project: letting go of what we don't need. As a result we feel comfortable adjusting things this month so that they continue to be eye opening, while still being manageable.

I don't need all my sweatpants, but by golly I want them.

I encourage you to join us this month - no sweet potatoes required, I promise. It's a great time to jump in for the rest of the journey, or even just for the next four weeks.

We'll keep you updated, and probably post an outfit-of-the-day or two. But  my heart is sad. I'd just like to say that. My heart is so sad about my sweatpants, and my cardigans and having to choose between my striped shirts. I have 32 of them.

Each month we pray for something different - and we'd love to pray for you! Let us know what's on your heart and we'll add it to our list this month. There's something serious about fasting and praying, it's referenced all through the Bible, and we're experiencing the truth of that in our own lives. So seriously, we'd be happy to fast and pray over whatever it is you need.

If you'd like more details, please feel free to text, call, Facebook message or comment below. We'd love to give you more information so that you can do this too, but I also don't really want to talk about underwear on the internet. 

-Emily

P.S. To all my female friends... and sisters... since I won't be wearing 99.9% of my wardrobe this month I'm opening it up to you. If you want to borrow or just outright steal something from my closet, this is your opportunity. I'm even willing to mail it to you. Call, text, smoke signals - you know the drill.




No comments:

Post a Comment